Harold W. Vadney III is a wannabe translator who lies about his credentials. In August 2007, I exposed him on the now-defunct Network of Independent Linguists’ Discussion Forum. He has now set up a blog devoted to telling lies about me and others. This is my reply. To comment or for further information write to Richard_Benham_AU-StopVadneysLies[at]yahoo.com.
Sunday, 20 January 2008
Patels vs Vadney
I know that Mr Werner Patels has been a controversial figure, and I am aware of some of the disputes he has been embroiled in, but was never in possession of the full details of any of them, and so decline to take a position on them. I can say that Werner has strong views and a sharp tongue, but I have been given no reason to doubt his honesty or his professionalism (implicit contrast here, for those slow on the uptake).
I have very little to say about the the Vadney vs Patels dispute. Obviously, it would be a good thing all round (especially for the Vadney) if the Vadney were successfully prosecuted for criminal libel and locked up for a few years. Even though I have long thought the charge was an anachronism and should be taken off the books, the Vadney is giving me second thoughts.
The one thing I don’t understand is where posting a comment on someone’s blog constitutes “cuddling up”. Given that that seems to be the Vadney’s view, and that the Vadney has posted no fewer than three comments on my blog (the third I deleted, because it came after I warned him to stop commenting on my blog), I assume that the Vadney is trying really hard to “cuddle up” to me. BLEAATTTCCCHHH!!! No thanks!
- “Our beautiful property”...? Our?
- Vadney’s commitment to quality and detail
- An apology? That’s a start....
- What next?
- Anyone for Green Herring?
- Sorry, but it's interesting ... Expatriate Horne? ...
- Would you buy a used car from this man?
- Beggaring belief....
- Losing it (again)....
- Patels vs Vadney
- Vadney exposes himself...again!
- More lies, Haroldkins? Will you ever give up?
- Vadney’s cracking up!
- Little Mr Inadequate is shitting his pants now...!...
- ▼ January (14)
- Richard D. Benham
- I am a professional translator in the combinations French>English and German>English. I hold qualifications from the University of Adelaide (BA, DipCompSc), the Australian National University (LittB), the University of Geneva (Certificat de spécialisation en linguistique), and the the UK-based Institute of Linguists (Diploma in Translation for both my language combinations). I am an implacable opponent of bullshit in all its forms.